Sunday, September 30, 2007

The "H" Quilt, Resumed

Sometimes long term projects need to hibernate awhile. "H" has had a nice long sleep, since April, but now my decks are cleared and I have pulled it out to complete it, which should take me another 6 weeks or so.
It is strange to jump into something this involved after being away from it for so long. This project has been rife with technical problems from the get-go...its construction was very challenging for me, as there were so many 90 degree angles and straight lines to get right!
My original vision was to do a contemporary version of a very traditional crazy quilt, and I am still intrigued by that. So onward I go....it does seem like a lot of work ahead of me, though!

I do have a nice place to work, that's for sure.

You can see I have lots of seams left to cover.
The last time I posted an overall shot of this quilt was here. Of course, the H has gone on since then....hope I get into the groove soon with this!

9 comments :

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I'm so pleased to see another big project beginning - it's a wonderful thing to look at and study (and drool over and envy) while having my morning coffee - I look forward to every square inch of it!!

Deb Hardman said...

Wow Allie, every time I look at your work I am inspired. I may have to go crazy again some time, & make a whole crazy quilt! It's another beauty.

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hey Allie, are you still planning on selling your floral letters at some point? I'll be your first customer!

Marty52 said...

Oh, no Pam... I'm first!!! ;0)

Allie, your "H" quilt is gonna be divine!

Sonji Hunt said...

Allie, this is just stunning. Absolutely magnificent. H would have a dance about it.

atet said...

Here's to getting your groove on with the H quilt! Those flowers you posted are simply beautiful!

Courtney Short said...

that quilt top is breathtaking and so unique... I hope to complete something that size one day :-) And the flowers in previous posts were beautiful as well.. I dont like to garden, but love looking at the results ;-)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

This is the first time I've seen the "H" quilt, but can't wait to watch it progress. Lovely flowers, as always!!

Susan said...

I love the H you made. It looks great. This is one of my favorite of your projects.