Monday, August 6, 2007

Center Block, Floral 9 Patch

Finally I've been able to work on the center block of this quilt...which by the way, is going to change its name from "Floral 9 Patch" soon! It is going to get larger, too....so no, it won't be hung in the bathroom after all. Hopefully it will go to Chicago or Houston or someplace fun like that.

Anyway, I had envisioned all the seams in the center being worked with white threads and fibers, attempting to set up a contrast to the outer blocks. I don't think is quite finished yet....there is that fabulous butterfly to bead and otherwise enhance, but most of what I wanted to accomplish is done.

I never thought I would be putting so much time into this project, but that's what happens when the flowers are blooming outside. I have a concomitant need to work with flowers with my stitching....

It was gray skies this morning when I took this, but you can still see the inspiration for my little sewing adventures...

But I need to take a break from this quilt, now that I am at a good stopping point, and do a little landscape commission. It is hard to change gears but once I do it will be fun...landscapes are always a treat to do.....

8 comments :

Possibilities, Etc. said...

What a beautiful photo! That sort of scenery feeds the soul. I can see what triggers your imagination.

Threadspider said...

I wonder what kind of adventure you are planning for Floral 9 patch. Intriguing! And everything in your garden is rosy too! Don't you just love the way lavender drapes itself over objects? Inspirational embroidery and garden.

Debra Dixon said...

We always like pretties coming to Houston. I am sure the gals in Chicago feel the same way!

Susan said...

I do love the contrast of the light and dark. At first, I wasn't sure I liked this lace so light on the background, but it's very pretty with all the beads.

I don't think you know about half-way measures, do you? You always put lots of time into every project, as far as I can tell!

Beertje Zonn said...

The center block of the quilt is
beautiful.
Kind Regards,

Sonnja

Kay said...

From the bathroom to Houston! That's pretty funny. Seriously, I hope it comes to Chicago so I can see it. I very much like the textural embellishment of white on white.

Unknown said...

The flowers in the center look so REAL!! It is breath taking. Love seester

Rian said...

You need to get one those wood-burned signs that says "Crazy for Flowers" to hang in your garden.

The block is gorgeous! I love that white lace.