Monday, March 26, 2007

Service Quilt Top Pieced


What fun it was chain-piecing along, flooring it with my Juki to get this easy top whipped up.
This quilt has the light and happy look that I wanted for a gal who I know must be struggling to find her smile again...
I am looking forward to quilting it with an all cotton batt, washing it, and then drying it...to get that old-fashioned rumply soft texture...I have a spiffy quilting foot for my Juki from Sharon Schamber that makes free-machine quilting feel like driving a fine sports car. I'm ready to hit the accelerator!

11 comments :

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I've been watching all day for this - it sings and dances through the flower garden (in the small squares) - a happy thing to warm the soul and gladden the heart.
JAH

Debra Dixon said...

Very Pretty!

Granny Fran said...

Oh those flowers, even when they are not crazy! Love it, and so will some recuperating gal.

Rian said...

Wow, you're fast! I love the way the fabrics go together~ a symphony!

Sandra said...

It is lovely and will make a great gift. Congratulations on finishing.

Candy Schultz said...

Very pretty.

Susan said...

How very spring-like that looks! It's sure to cheer the recipient enormously. I'll love seeing your quilting on it, too.

Kay said...

How pretty--and fast! I can't imagine anyone not loving that. I'll be really interested to see it quilted.

Deb Hardman said...

Good job Allie. I love Free motion. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Barbara C said...

What a cheerful quilt. The colors are so sunny.

Marty52 said...

It looks like spring... lovely!